Retail Sales Assistant
Join our team!
A Retail Sales Assistant performs administrative and data entry tasks, responds to customer inquiries, processes orders, and provides basic support to the sales team. This is a critical role within the Retail Sales team that keeps our retail accounts running smoothly and our sales teams are successful! The ideal candidate is driven by being the number one resource for our customers, providing efficient and innovative solutions for our accounts and sales team members. While providing support to the sales team, this person will also have exposure to the sales process and life cycle for our recurring and new accounts.
What is your mission?
You will provide the best service to our partner brands by performing these tasks:
Sales Team Support
- Actively participate in administrative duties and small projects as requested by management, including business reporting and process documentation.
- Create and manage SalesForce opportunities and maintain Salesforce data integrity, making sure that all contacts are active and accurate
- Generate and provide required reports by customer account
- Perform daily allocation management
- Deliver out-of-the-office assistance and support as needed
- Provide feedback to management on observations and suggest process improvements
- Must familiarize ALL vendor manuals including shipping and routing guidelines, and EDI-related concerns
Account & Customer Care
- Focus on accounts assigned by the leadership team i.e.: ACE, Staples, Office Depot, etc.
- Present, and promote products using dense facts, and do cross-comparison of products for new or existing customers
- Be the primary resource for customer solutions, including providing assistance with our Online Portal (OnePath), Sending tracking information, providing catalog/image/ video content and Vendor Set Up Forms, and managing incoming and outgoing calls and customer inquiries.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Ensure that customers and prospective customers are treated with the highest level of courtesy and professionalism
Reconciliations & Orders
- Reconciliation of outstanding issues provided by the customer and/or other departments includes order tracking, processing orders (DS and Corporate), and samples, collection management, return cases, investigating chargebacks and disputes if necessary, and updating the status & information of chargeback cases accordingly.
- Process customer damaged goods and mis-shipment complaints following documented department workflows
- Communicating with the Leadership team on unresolvable issues by carrier, warehouse, and other departments
Who are we looking for?
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sales and customer service
- 1-3 years experience in sales
- Account management and presentations
- Experience and knowledge of basic business principles in the Retail Segment, logistics, and operations.
- Experience in using the Retail/Partner Portal
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, follow instructions, and maintain a high level of professionalism in high-stress environments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with all levels of management and staff in a diverse, global environment.
- Negotiation skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Able to balance a customer-oriented and a results-driven approach
- Professionalism and outgoing personality
- Meets productivity goals with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with all aspects of account relationship management
- Prioritization and workload management
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills. We need people who can interact and communicate with others whether the communication is written, via telephone, or face-to-face, A person's ability to communicate will reflect the ability to effectively meet customers' needs and assist co-workers and superiors.
- Strong customer service skills. When dealing with customers, the most important tenet is to listen to what the customer is saying and strive to address the request or concern.
- Must be proficient in the MS Office Suite of software.
- Thrive under our core AMMEX values.
- Proficiency in ALL AMMEX products
Free learning and development courses for your personal and career growth
Comprehensive HMO benefits and insurance since day 1
Dynamic company events
Above-industry salary package and incentives
Opportunities for promotion
Free meals and snacks
Worldwide, strongly uphold our values to be of service to our people, our clients, and our community.
WE PUT PEOPLE FIRST
We consider our people as the foundation of our success.
WE STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
Our commitment to quality ensures that we always do our best.
WE EMBRACE INNOVATION
We stay agile and fast, always looking for ways to solve our clients’ needs.
WE DELIVER DELIGHT
We pride ourselves on helping our clients reach their full potential.
WE CREATE REAL IMPACT
We do things right and we get the job done.